POPMail and SMTPMail

  • From: "Colin Geary-Andrews" <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 03:06:57 -0600

I know I probably sound a bit stupid here but I am having problems getting
my Popmail to work.  On my test network I have a Domain controller, I have
a server with an ADSL connection that is also my ISA server and an XP
client.  The XP client has Outlook as the e-mail editor.
Prior to installing ISA on the ADSL server I could send and recieve e-mail
using my ActiveISP mail server settings.  POP server -
popmail.activeisp.com; SMTP server - SMTPmail.activeisp.com.
After installing ISA, Outlook now tells me that it is unable to find the
POP or SMTP server.  I have created a policy that allows POP and SMTP
traffic through but this not seem to have fixed the problem.  Can anyone
help.

Many thanks