POP3 mail servers seen as intruders

  • From: "William Robertson" <robertson.william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:48:00 -0700

Hi there

I have an interesting problem in that I have at least 3 external POP3 mail
servers which ISA logs Intruder Alerts for. The 3 servers are notoriusly
busy so I am under the impression that there is some sort of a timeout
taking place on th eISA Server and then when the external mail server
tries to reply to my mail server, the ISA Server has already "closed" that
session. If this is the case then ISA would surely see the external
request as an intruder as it it is trying to communicate on an
un-established session.

What I need to know is the following:
1) Does the above statement make any sense. I.e. Is it true?
2) How can I get the ISA Server to permit longer sessions for the mail
server.

Cheers
William R.