RE: PCAnywhere

  • From: "Nef Perez" <nperez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:21:19 -0400

Spenc,
You're on the right track:
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear before.

The PC I am trying to access is outside the firewall, with a public IP
address. I'm trying to access that PC from a PC inside the firewall.

When I enable the "All IP" protocol rule it works. If I disable that
protocol and use the PCAnywhere protocol rule (using ports 5630-5634,
UDP and TCP protocol type), I am unable to access the 'public' PC via
PCAnywhere.

Listed below is the rules on my ISA server pertaining to PCAnywhere

PROTOCOL RULES:
PCAnywhere
        Description :
        Enabled : True
        Action taken with requests : Allow
        Rule applies to : Selected Protocols
        Protocols : PCAnywhere
        Rule Applies to : Any Request

PROTOCOL DEFINITIONS
PCAnywhere
        Description : PCAnywhere Software Access
        Initial Connection Port Number : 5633
        Initial Protocol Type : TCP
        Initial Direction : Inbound
        Secondary Connections: