Re: Outlook web links

  • From: "Todd" <wedlake@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:26:21 -0700

You may want to check a few things in Outlook.  I have all my internal
clients setup to use word as default email editor and none have this
problem.  One thing I have run across in the past is drive mappings or
files that don't exist anymore but are still evident in MS Office's cache.
 But keep in mind that this will apply to all of MS Office and will remove
anything in the recent files list.  To get rid of that cache do this;  go
to c:\documents and settings\specifyuserhere\recent\ and delete the
contents.  To do this as the user logs onto the network as I have done,
simply add this to your VBScript somewhere;
Kill ("c:\documents and settings\administrator\recent\*.*"

also if you want this recent folder to not be able to be written to add
the read only attributes to it or add it into the script as well to do so
SetAttr ("c:\documents and settings\administrator\recent\*.*"), vbReadOnly

Hope this helps
Todd