RE: Outlook Client and RPC

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:02:56 -0500

Hi Joseph,

OK, when I do the remake, I'll make them left to right :-)

Yes, for the most trouble free and transparent config, make the Internal
and external domains the same name. External hosts will only access your
public records, which will only be for things like mail (A and MX), www,
ftp, etc. Then you create the appropriate records for your Internal zone
that goes by the same name. External hosts never access the Internal
zone, and Internal hosts never access the external zone.

Once you have it in place, you'll never go back :-)

HTH,