RE: Opening ports for FTP and secure FTP

  • From: "PETER PAPE" <papexpjboi@xxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:17:51 +0000

Hi Rod,

If you want internal users to be able to access one or more external FTP servers, then you'll need to look into protocol rules. You'll want to check out site and content rules to limit which sites the users may access. If you want to make an FTP server available to external users, the publishing rules is the answer. More information about these are available at www.isaserver.org and in ISA help.

You may want to get your hands on ISA Server 2000 and ISA Server and Beyond by Dr. Tom Shinder.

Good luck
From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [isalist] Opening ports for FTP and secure FTP
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:33:40 -0600

http://www.ISAserver.org

I am new to this list, so please excuse my ignorance.

I am trying to open port 21 and 22 for FTP in ISA 2000, but am not sure
how to go about doing that.  Also, if I do open them up, is it to only
one place, or can I specify more than one location?

Rod