RE: Open firewall to all traffic from a IP address

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:23:43 -0800

Here is the recommended procedure.

1. Fire the administrator of the database.
2. Hire a new database administrator who has some idea of what security is.
3. Make sure new database administrator is smart and takes more things than
his database into consideration.
4. If that fails, see step 1.

In this day and age of viruses, hackers, security problems, spam and so
forth, using a program that requires an ambiguous number of ports to be open
for it is not worth having.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You