One more enterprise question

  • From: "shane" <tsmullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:19:30 -0500

Has anyone used the Enterprise Edition for redundancy?  What I would like to
know is, if I have two Enterprise Edition servers in an array, and one goes
down, will the second server automatically pick up the load?  The performance
gain of the array will be nice, but what we need is the redundancy.  Any
experiences with the fault tolerance features of the Enterprise Edition would
be greatly appreciated.  The reason I ask is we have standard edition now, and
the cost of the Enterprise Edition is almost $3000 per processor, and that is
with the K12 discount.

Thanks
Shane