RE: One more authentication question

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:26:05 -0300

Are they using

domain\username
password

________________________________

From: shane [mailto:tsmullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:42 AM
To: ISA Mailing List
Subject: [isalist] One more authentication question

http://www.ISAserver.org

We are logging by name and all is going well.  ISA 2000 SP2 and FP1 have
been installed.  Our only problem now is OWA so our user can have access
to their exchange email from any workstation.  We have a link on our
home page that points straight to the OWA page and they get prompted for
username and p/w.  When they put in a username/pw it takes them to the
OWA page and they get prompted again, and then authentication fails.  I
have set IE to bypass proxy server for the ip of the Exchange box.  But
when I put out a sniffer, requests are still going through the ISA.
Digging a little deeper with the sniffer, they are getting an
authentication error INET 401.  When authentication is set to basic,
they can connect to OWA, but in integrated - they cannot.  Any thoughts?

Thanks
Shane