On Opening Outbound Port

  • From: CY Chen <cychen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:24:28 -0700

Hi All,

I would like to confirm a way to open the outbound port on ISA Server.

I have defined a protocol definition for outbound TCP traffic on port 1098.
What is the next step to open this port on the firewall so that the client
behind the firewall can establish a connection with the server running out
in the Internet?

When I do the telnet command from the machine behind the firewall to the
server running outside the firewall, the connection cannot be established
and that is how I verified that the firewall seems to still have this port
1098 blocked for outbound traffic.

The command I used is:

telnet <ip of server running in the Internet> 1098

In brief, how do I open up port 1098 on my firewall for outbound traffic.

Your response and input are deeply appreciated.

Regards,

C.Y. Chen

Fujitsu Software Corporation