RE: Off-Topic Warning...

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:22:41 -0300

Old news....:))

-----Original Message-----
From: Ball, Dan [mailto:DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 5:20 PM
To: ISA Mailing List
Subject: [isalist] Off-Topic Warning...

http://www.ISAserver.org

It's a bit off-topic, but if any of you are running the APC Powerchute
(version 6.x) software on your servers, remove or update it as soon as
possible!

I just spent the entire day trouble-shooting several of our servers that
were running extremely slow and not allowing remote desktop connections.
Finally find out that it was the UPS software that had expired causing
me all the problems!

There was a notice sent out by APC, which I hadn't read all that closely
(until afterwards), and a KB article written last week on the subject.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;905716

The correct technical term for haggis stalking is "havering".