Off-Topic Warning...

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:19:39 -0400

It's a bit off-topic, but if any of you are running the APC Powerchute
(version 6.x) software on your servers, remove or update it as soon as
possible!

I just spent the entire day trouble-shooting several of our servers that
were running extremely slow and not allowing remote desktop connections.
Finally find out that it was the UPS software that had expired causing
me all the problems!

There was a notice sent out by APC, which I hadn't read all that closely
(until afterwards), and a KB article written last week on the subject.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;905716