RE: Off Topic: RAS Dialup Device

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:34:43 -0500

Hi Glenn,

Good points. Here in our corner of the world, we do not pay packet
charges for ISDN, and we do NOT pay per minute charges for PSTN local
calls. So, for local calls to a dial up RAS server, PSTN is definitely
the way to go. However, in 3rd world nations like Chicago, Illinois, I
understand that you now have to pay per minute charges for PSTN, so you
have to take those sorts of things into account :-)

Seriously, I know that we have things very good here, so in more parts
of the USA and the rest of the world, VPN is the way to go.

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder