Off Topic: RAS Dialup Device

  • From: "William Robertson" <william.robertson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:54:01 +0200

Hi there

Apologies for the nuisance in advance, but seeing as we all play with
firewalls, I assume that many of you have something to do with
demand-dial solutions as well.

I now need to look at possible scenarios for a dialup facility (to
connect from home to work) that is both cost effective and reliable. At
this stage I can think of maybe installing 2 ISDN modems with a basic
rate line for each modem thus giving me a total of 4 available dialup
connections. This would prove simple, cost effective and should be more
than adequate for the 15 possible users.

Does anyone know of an alternative solution that may be better suited
for a simple start to a RAS dialup?

Thanks

William R.

  _____