Re: OWA2003 not accessible from outside ISA

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 23:39:41 -0800

The event logs are key.
Is your OWA FE also the ISA?

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 00:09:25 -0700
 "Rob Rhodes" <rrhodes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

I have a new install of Win2003/Exchange2003 and ISA2000 and am having
problems with accessing OWA from "outside" of ISA. I have followed the OWA
publishing docs to the letter and have rebuilt both the front-end and the
ISA box twice. SMTP passes through with no problem and OWA is accessible
from "inside", including by FQDN from ISA itself. When rebooting the
server or restarting the ISA services I see error messages in the
application event log stating that ISA failed to listen on port 80 and on
port 443 but then they are followed by an event message that the Web Proxy
service started successfully. Is there anything else I should be looking
at to narrow this down?