OWA and ISA 2004

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:17:48 -0500

After installing everything I decided to give the tutorial a whirl that
explains how to have both OWA with SSL and OMA (RPC over HTTP) going on
the same IP. I think Tom wrote it.

After I read through it and follow the instructions, applied everything,
it worked without a hitch, one week later while I am at a clients I go
to access it my OWA page of course using https and I get as far as the
cert request popping up but not the OWA login page, instead I get the
Forbidden page of DEATH. :(

After looking at Exchange and not seeing anything wrong with it, and
looking at ISA an determining the only thing I can see wrong is when the
cert is requested  on 443 the next thing it does is access the SSLserver
on port 80 which its denied for some reason, so I tried removing the
three rules; rebooting ISA; and adding the rule which MS recommends for
OWA with SSL on ISA 2004 Server and the same thing happens; port 80 is
denied to the SSLserver in the ISA logs, and after the cert verification
box pops up what comes after it is the Forbidden page of DEATH.

I also tried setting a rule to Publish Cert Environment Website and got
the same results.

I wonder if anyone has any good, genius suggestions? :)

Thanks
Andrew