OWA SSL Redirect

  • From: "Thomas W. Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:28:11 -0500

I think a lot of people have asked for something like this. Let me know
if this is what you're looking for:

Automatically Redirect Users to the SSL OWA Site
Once you've configured IIS to require the use of SSL, you may also want
to automatically redirect users to the secure directory; that way, users
who can't remember to use https:// can still get their mail without
bothering you. To do this, you'll need to create a file named
ssl-redirect.asp in your Exchange server's inetpub\wwwroot\owaasp
directory.In that file, paste the following code:

<%
If Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_PORT")=80 Then
Dim strRedirURL
strRedirURL = "https://"; & Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME")
strRedirURL = strRedirURL & "/exchange"
Response.Redirect strRedirURL
End If
%>

Next, follow these instructions to tell IIS to map error 403.4 to the
ssl-redirect.asp file. Every time IIS encounters that particular error,
it will execute the ASP code, which automatically redirects the user to
the correct page.

Thanks!

Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder