Re: OT: The Misadventures of the Little Girl Mouse

  • From: "Thor" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 17:40:26 -0700

No- please- just... just... DON'T!!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 5:36 PM
Subject: [isalist] OT: The Misadventures of the Little Girl Mouse

> http://www.ISAserver.org
>
> Once upon a time, there was a little girl mouse who lived in a wheatfield
with her mother (Dad had heard this one before and hauled ass out of there;
how smart are you?).

> The LGM was about 16 mouse years old and was busily preparing herself for
a very important date one fine spring afternoon when her mother walked in
and asked her, "Well; don't you look fine!  What's the occasion, sweetie?"

> The LGM turned to her mother and beaming her best happy-smile, replied
"Mom!  It's spring, I'm 16 and I have a LBM (need I explain?) across the
wheatfield who's waiting for me so that we can spend the whole afternoon
doing what teenage mice do in the wheatfield when spring comes around; Jeez,
Mom!"

> Her mom, remembering the heady days of her youth, just smiled knowingly at
her daughter, but admonished her to be careful crossing the wheatfield
because the farmer was also out in the field harvesting the wheat.  Since he
can't see little mice from his perch way up high on the combine, she could
easily run afoul of the farmer's toys and end up a smiling greasy spot in
the wheat instead of a greasy smiling spot on the other side of the
wheatfield as she plans.

> The LGM got up, kissed her mother on the cheek and ran bounding down the
front porch steps waving goodbye and yelling, "'Bye, Mom!  I'll see you
tonight!"

> Well, as all teenagers are wont to do, the LGM went scurrying across the
wheatfield, unmindful of the approaching farmer and his combine.  As you
might expect, the LGM was sucked kicking and screaming into the thrasher,
where she was bounced, trounced and generally abused until finally, she was
barfed out onto the ground with the chaff.

> A few minutes later, she came to, sat up and began taking stock of her
situation.  Her hair was a total mess (even in teenager terms), she was
pretty well beat up, bruised and battered, but nothing broken; her pretty
party dress was a shambles and she was missing one of her party shoes that
she had purchased just for this occasion (the nooky, not the thrashing).

> The LGM got up and, as fast as her little legs would carry her (since no
one else was around to do it), began running back towards her house
screaming "Mommy-Mommy-Mommy!  Oh, MOMMY!!".

> The mother, hearing her child's sorrowful wailing, ran to the front porch
thinking the worst and began calling "Over here, sweetie; over HERE!!"

> When she saw her baby bursting through the edge of the wheatfield crying
and screaming, she ran out to meet her on the front lawn. They both dropped
to their knees and held each other while the LGM just kept crying over and
over,