[isalist] OT: Infrastructure Enhancement

  • From: Gene Sibbs <gen_sib@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ISA Community <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 06:57:17 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

Improvements to our present LAN are needed in order to maintain highly secure
environment in the event of any incident, as well as to improve overall network
access from the internet.

Our infrastructure will be a model for successful integration of geographically
dispersed municipal departments, with heavy reliance on communication from the
central data management.

Our current efforts focus on the building of the internet-based information
portal that will be trustworthy, secure and easily accessible by the public.
We want to throw in some high-tech technologies.

Currently setup is as follows-:

Internet à Cisco Router  à Tipping Point à Core Switch à 2 x ISA 2004 Servers
(NLB) each with three NICs

3 x Domain Controllers, 2 x Ex2003 EE clustered, 2 x File Servers Clustered
[DataBase], Three Terabytes SAN XioTech, Antivirus Server [Symantec Corp EE],
Backup Server , SMS2003 Server, MOM2005.

Based on brief information supplied, we want to start by beefing up network
security.  We are leaning towards introducing DMZ, preparing to host our own
web server onsite…?

Authentication Techniques ?

WebUsage Filtering Tools?

Mail Filtering Solutions?

Mail Archiving Solutions?

Spamming Anti-Spam Solution [Server Based] etc..? I stumbled across products
like defenderMX, Mailprotector on the internet. We to extend that protection to
include Spam and unwanted email.

Please share your expertise in these areas and recommend.

Thank you,

Sibbs

http://mail.yahoo.com