[isalist] Re: OT: ID no: c1041724 Exchange System Manager

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 07:13:29 -0400

You must have missed the 3rd sentence in the petri article. "If the server
running Exchange 2000/2003 is still functional after a disaster, recovering a
store is a pretty straightforward process. "

Your server is not running nor restored so the technique in the article will
not work. I would suggest posting to an Exchange or SBS group.

Exchangeserver.org
sbsy2k.yahoogroups.com <mailto:sbsy2k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The suggestion to call CSS is a good one. Restoring to a different active
directory isn't something that Exchange is meant to do.

Amy