RE: OT: I HATE VERIZON WITH A F#$%ING PASSION!!!

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 11:26:04 -0500

John,

17500 miles from the CO, is that suppose to be feet maybe? Anyhow you
should call Verizon or whoever your ISP is and ask them to do a loop
test, if that exists in the USA, and tell you how many miles are you are
from the CO, then convert it Kilometers. If you are more than 3Km from
the CO the only way the ISP (be that Verizon or a third party) will be
able to improve your signal is if Verizon installs a RDSLAM in your
area. RDSLAM's bring areas that have are outside the DSL limit closer to
the CO's. I too would also be interested in seeing what your line stats
are, but I am willing to bet you are 5+ Km from the CO.

You should all to Toronto Canada. :-)

I live 2.4Km from the CO, and have a RDSLAM in my neighborhood. Bell
Canada is upgrading everyone onto RDSLAM's which is suppose to be done
by the end of 2005, but you know Teleco's some times these things take
longer. Anyhow my Alcatel SpeedTouch Home shows that it can easily grab
8Megs from the CO, though it's currently capped at 40332/800.

And just as Verizon is moving to offer, if they haven't already, fiber
xDSL(?) service, Bell is moving to VDSL and ADSL2+. ADSL2+ is being
testing outside of Ontario; it has potenal for 26Mbit-sec/2Mbit-sec over
your normal phone line.

Regards,

Andrew