RE: OT: Good source for Exchange Mailstore Management

  • From: "Young, Gerald G" <Gerald.Young@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:39:57 -0600

Thor,

I help support an Exchange 2003 environment where we have about 16
mailbox stores, each about 100GB in size.  What specific kind of mailbox
store management are you asking about?  Archival, backup/restore, policy
enforcement?

How many mailboxes make up that 90 GB?  Are you on SCSI, ATA, SATA, or
SAN storage?  How big are you looking to grow?  Do you have any
compliance (FISMA, HIPAA, FDA, SEC) policies you need to follow with
regards to retention?

The answers to all these questions will drive your Exchange design and
really set the pace for "best practices".

Cordially yours,
Jerry G. Young II
  MCSE (4.0/W2K)
Atlanta EES Implementation Team Lead