OT: GFI MailSecurity 8

  • From: "Greg Mulholland" <gmulholland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 03:16:58 +1100

OKAY. I give up!

Anyone got any idea why mailsec wont apply the content checking rules to
incoming and outgoing mail as well as the SMTP Filter.

The situation is: I installed everything as per the books and Tom's doc.
Isa - iis (message screener, gfi) - exchange - me - death!  Ran smtp
credtool, confiugred is 3 times separately, installed gfi 3 times
separately, mad sure all setting are OK, gone through it a billion times
today! Mail flows no worries, in fact I hardly finish typing it and it
arrives. To test I send a rude email which I filter in gfi from hotmail
and it gets straight through. The I block the domain in the smtp filter,
bang its thru. On the very rare occasion I have had one or maybe two
mails disappear, but they don't show up in the blockedmail folder I
setup, nor does the user get a notification. Ive been at this since
10ish in the morning, started with a win2k3 box. It is now 3:20 the
following morning. I have noticed a few people in th GG's having similar
probs but no one seems to have got it right. If ANYONE has any ideas why
its bypassing the filters please ping me here or in private an I'll read
it in the morning. And yes, I have published the relay not the exchange
box :P

Goodnight.

Or errr enjoy the day.

Thanks