[isalist] Re: OT: Domain Controllers at small remote sites

  • From: "Young, Gerald G" <Gerald.Young@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:34:57 -0400

http://www.ISAserver.org -------------------------------------------------------
Nathan,

You'll want to ensure that the clients on which you're observing the slow logons can ping the domain controllers; I have generally found that the slowness is caused by the client waiting for the ping attempt to timeout.  Also, you'll want to take a look at your site topology in AD.  It could be possible that if you don't have subnets assigned to sites that a client on the west coast could be attempting to authenticate against a DC on the east coast.

Cordially yours,
Jerry G. Young II
  MCSE (4.0/W2K)
Atlanta EES Implementation Team Lead