Re: OT: DVI signaling

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:53:32 +0100

On 07/10/05, Thomas W Shinder <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  <http://www.ISAserver.org>Anyone have much experience with Monitors with
> DVI connections? I put my first one together the other day, and it was a
> nightmare getting the colors right. Didn't know if I got a whack monitor, or
> if its something about DVI. I'm going to try it again tomorrow and wondered
> if my last experience was a one-off, or if DVI connections need more
> babysitting.

Well DVI is the raw digital output, so the monitor gets no say in how to
actually adjust the image - you can't fiddle with the RGB settings on the
monitor itself.

If you need to adjust the colours, you need to get some software to mess
with the ICM profiles (or to just apply a setting on bootup) in Windows.

Adobes Gamma tool might do, or Entechs Powerstrip, if not theres pro things
like the MagicEye cameras. Have a google for "monitor calibration" :)

Andrew