RE: ODBC from vendor network

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 06:28:22 -0800

"ODBC" isn't a "port set"; it's an application protocol.
What "ports" are they requesting?

You're correct; ISA doesn't "see" SQL connections like it does HTTP, so
"application-layer-filtering" isn't going to be a reality.

- Don't give them a Win acct; limit the potential for damage to the
databases.
- Limit the access for that SQL acct to ONLY the DB they need to
destroy.
- enable logging for every breath they take on that SQL server; it's
yours, not theirs

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/