RE: Nortel VPN client 4.65

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:02:39 -0600

Hi Manny,

Check this out:

================================
Security Guy
Junior Member
Member # 8528

Rate Member
<http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00008528>
  posted September 07, 2002 02:36 AM
<http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00008528>

<http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=edit_post;f=13;t=000434;
reply_num=000067;u=00008528>
<http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=reply;f=13;t=000434;repl
yto=000067>
  _____

WO0 HO0!! It's working!! Let me tell you guys this:
- it has nothing to do IP Fragement Filtering.
- it probably has nothing to do with the extra protocol definitions
created from the .vbs script.
- all you need to do at ISA's side is to create protocol definitions for
UDP port 500 and UDP port 10001 (or whatever your Contivity's NAT
Traversal's port is configured to use)

This is what you need to do at the Contivity Switch (we have model
CES2600D):
1. On the configuration page's left side, click on "Services", then
"IPSEC". Toward the middle of page is the setting "NAT Traversal". Check
to have it enabled and set it on port 10001.
2. Once the above step is done, go to "Profiles", then "Groups". Under a
designated group where you want NAT Traversal enabled, click on "Edit."
Under the section "IPSEC", click on "Configure." At the very bottom of
the page, make sure "Auto-Detect NAT" is selected. Keep the "NAT
Keepalive" setting at 18 seconds.

** very important **
Our Contivity switch is running with one of the newest firmware,
v04_05.024. I used the newest Nortel Extranet Access Client software,
v4.65. There are no changes on ISA other than defined protocol
definition for UDP port 500 and 10001. Nothing was changed in the packet
filter section, I still restrict direct PING to my firewall. I can only
say I'm a happy camper now, no longer need to lug my laptop from work to
get to corporate's VPN.

HTH,
Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder