RE: Nortel ISA Hardware Firewall

  • From: Alexandre Gauthier <gauthiera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:17:37 -0500

>I have white box computers that have been running 24x7x365 since 1998. So,
>hardware doesn't have to fall from bonehead Olym-PUS to last a long time.
>The problem is white boxers don't have sales guys from Syphco creating
>whacky mental imagery.

The same can be said about my iptables whitebox machines :P
And machines running since 1998 -- you never patch stuff...? Or you probably
meant on a hardware-not-software-basis. Well then yes, I have machines older
than that as well.

>If its really just about copying a bin file and doing some quick with it,
>it doesn't sound any different than any SOHO NAT device (referred to as a
>'router' by followers of J. R. "Bob" Dobbs).

I fail to see how this is supposed to be insightful. Maybe I am not bathing
in Windows-land enough to understand how this is supposed to be a
counterargument..? =/

You wouldn't diss what you know nothing about, would you?