RE: No one has answered this for me! Trying for 7 m onths!!!

  • From: Joe Pochedley <JoePochedley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:00:25 -0400

The thing I think you may be missing is this....

You say that everything works fine from other locations that are also part
of Ameritech's DSL network, correct?  You can view the published pages on
the troubled sites from other connections that are part of the same network?
If that's true, then your server publishing is working just fine and you
need to look beyond ISA...  Either you or Ameritech have a routing problem
or Ameritech is blocking ports/content at their gateways...  Not knowing how
Ameritech's network is set up, they may have a proxy/firewall type server at
their gateway which isn't passing the web requests into their network, or
allowing the responses out of the network...

Taking a good hard look through your IIS and ISA logs should help you hunt
down the problem...  If you see IIS recieving and responding to your web
requests from off-Ameritech hosts, then you know it's not an IIS problem and
likely an outgoing blockage at the Ameritech gateway...   If IIS isn't
receiving the requests at all, then look to see if ISA has blocked them...
If ISA hasn't seen the request at all (look in the IP and firewall logs),
then you know to talk to Ameritech again about incoming requests being
blocked....

Joe Pochedley
"I like deadlines,"
cartoonist Scott Adams once said.