RE: No help with Timbuktu?

  • From: jay vaughan <jay@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:29:37 -0700

Hi Thomas,

Hi Jay,
Try this:
I saw this posted on MS technet and saw the answer adding the protocol
definitions seperately for TCP ports outbound 1417 - 1420. Then you need
to add a step not mentioned on the technet site. You need to add
protocol definitions for the same ports only UDP (send/receive). This
will allow it to work. I took a queue from the problems with pc
anywhere.
Posted on the web boards on 6/21/2001
HTH,
Tom

Thanks for the response!

I've tried this, and it appears to still not work. Do you have a link to the Technet article, or a # handy for it, so I could refer to that as well? I'd like to get this resolved and written up for a FAQ entry, perhaps, if it'd help out for future ISA users.

I'm going to try and open up TCP 407 as well, and do another complete once-over of everything in case I'm missing something. Too bad I can't print the config of this firewall and take it to lunch with me for a review... or can I?

--

j.

--
 jv - Jay Vaughan - seclorum@xxxxxxx - jay@xxxxxxxxxx

 ~... threads rolling, keep the threads rolling ...~