No help with Timbuktu?

  • From: jay vaughan <jay@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:36:30 -0700

Has *anyone* managed to get Timbuktu properly configured to work in an ISA guarded environment?

I'm slowly making progress, but I have contrary information on how this should be set up. I've made a "Timbuktu" protocol definition with the following:

Port            Type            Direction
1417 - 1420     TCP             Outbound
1417 - 1420     TCP             Inbound
407             UDP             Send
407             UDP             Receive
407             TCP             Outbound
407             TCP             Inbound

And am attempting to allow connections using this protocol definition, but alas: no luck. Control (407) channels seem to work - Timbuktu attempts to validate - but no further sessions occur, and eventually Timbuktu times out on the connect.

If anyone has any advice, I'd definitely appreciate it. It's not working in ISA the way it used to work with other firewall products I've done this with ...

--

j.

--
 jv - Jay Vaughan - seclorum@xxxxxxx - jay@xxxxxxxxxx

 ~... threads rolling, keep the threads rolling ...~