No SSL, Clients Don't work

  • From: "David Mineer" <davemineer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAserver.org Discussion List" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:09:38 -0700

Friday morning, life was great.  My website was working.  I could connect to
the secure pages using SSL.  Clients connected just fine using a combination of
web proxy and secure nat.  MSN messenger logon was automatic.  Other programs
we use connected fine (Credit card verification etc..).  Then, I rebooted.  Got
the Proxy Chain Loop error on every page I tried to access, both from inside
and outside the isa server.  I am running SBS 2000.  I know that aint the
greatest but it worked great until the reboot friday morning.

Being Unable to work around the chain loop error I ran the ICW (Internet
Connection Wizard).  Got the web site back up and running.  However,  I cannot
get SSL working.  I have Tom's Book and although that seemed to get it working
last time, this time it does not.  Also, my workstations in the office can't
connect to MSN messenger and I had to change the proxy setting and actually
include our local domain in the list for "Bypass proxy server for Local
domains" which I didn't have to do before.  Simply checking the box was enough.
 I get the feeling that the secure nat isn't working properly because last time
Everything went great once that seemed to work.

Any ideas are appreciated.

My clients to dhcp and have the sbs server as the gateway.  How else do I
verify securenat connectivity?

How do I change web proxy settings on the server.  I did get some unable to
pind to 127.0.0.1 errors, althought I don't see them since the last reboot.

Anyway, I am confused and frustrated.  I usually figure things out fairly
quickly but since the upgrade to sbs 2000 about 3 weeks ago I haven't had much
peace.  I can only cross my fingers.

TIA,

David Mineer

Don't wish it was easier; wish you were better.
Don't wish for less problems; wish for more skills.
Don't wish for less challenges; wish for more wisdom.