Newbie question

  • From: "M. Scholte" <scholte@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 11:04:08 +0200

Hi all,

Just started with isaserver and came across the following problem. I think it has something to do with the routing table, but I'm not sure. I have the following scenario: a webserver in range 192.168.10.0/24 and an isaserver with two nic's and a VPN connection (DSL) to my ISP (so there are three interfaces on the isaserver). The internal NIC has an address of 192.168.10.250 and the second NIC is on 10.0.0.150 and connects to my DSL box. The third connection is the VPN connection with an ISP assigned IP, DG and DNS.

I followed the excellent Tutorial: Designing An ISA Server Solution on a Simple Network from Tom Shinder and everything seems to work fine from a client perspective (Webproxy and Firewall client software installed)

Then I tried to ping the outside world from the webserver but with no luck. I can ping as far as the external interface on the isaserver from this webserver but that's it! I cannot see the Internet from here so my DNS on the webserver cannot use the Forwarding option, and thus, there is no external nameresolution on the internal network.

I did enable the IP Fowarding on the isaserver, checked my lat table etc.

Any help welcome...