[isalist] Re: (Newbie Alert) ISA 2004 and Citrix

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 21:42:46 -0400

So you're using the ICA client?

Which version?

From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of David Freeman
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 9:33 PM
To: ISA Mailing List
Subject: [isalist] Re: (Newbie Alert) ISA 2004 and Citrix

G'day Steve

 >> 1.  Once a new rule is added and the "apply" button is clicked to
commit
 >> the changes

 > Normally instant.

That was my assumption but I ran into references about the firewall
client on the desktop PC's needing to update as well... Mostly lack of
understanding on my part I suspect.

 >> 2.  What rules do I actually need to permit connections to a citrix
 >> server from clients on my network to a server on the internet?

 > All you need is an allow access rule to allow the relevant protocols
 > from the client (internal) to the server (External)

My current rule is as follows:

Allow ICA and RDP (pre-defined protocols) from 'Internal' to 'External'
for 'All Users'.  No time or content restrictions.  Once I get this rule
running I plan to reduce 'External' to be just the particular citrix
server that I need but, for now, I'm trying to cast a wide net to get it
going then I can fine tune.  My citrix rule is also currently first
position - was further down the list but I moved it up in case another
rule was getting in the way.

 > Did you run the Connect to the Internet wizard on your SBS?

Absolutely.  Everything else is working as I'd expect also.  My email is
going Outlook -> Exchange (on the SBS box) -> delivery.  Incoming email
also working.  Normal web surfing is working.  POP3 email is working.  A
couple of Internet-aware apps that I need for other contract work that
we do are also working.  So far the only thing I've found that isn't
working is citrix.

Thanks for the reply Steve.

David
ISA Server Articles and Tutorials: