Re: New List

  • From: David Dellanno <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 04:54:41 -0400

I hate to say it Anthony and this is not a flame, but I think you bring out
a bigger issue to the group in general that most of the IT engineers faces
everyday and sympathize with Steve's situation.  Today's internet users,
demands and standards have increased for any technology that is out in the
public domain to work seamless and very rarely have a glitch.  A user does
not have any concern how much effort, resources, and time for such
technology to work and unfairly compare a much small organization's
resources to a much well establish organizations (exp. Microsoft, apple,
IBM, hp, Compaq, or your organization).  This is something to keep in mind
and it keeps most of the smaller organizations reaching for those standards
too. It has been brought to everyone's attention that the 'ads' are only a
temporary solution and that they are currently working to resolve this issue
in the near future.  To have an 'ad' to be much of a distraction or an
inconvenience for something this trivial. There is so much more then this
forum that isaserver.org provides and I find it very valuable free resource
to the IT industry and I believe it is too premature to leave.  It is great
to see the offers and support that the owners have received from the list
but I am sure they have their reason to keep their forum on their own site.

JMO
David V. Dellanno

...it will be a hard life..one without reward...without remorse....without
regret. A path will be place before you... the choice is yours alone...do
what your think you cannot do. It will be a hard life...but you will find
out who... you really are.

-Qui-Gon Jinn