RE: New Cache only evaluation

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CIT5)" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:14:36 -0500

Yes, it's feasible.  We're doing that here.  Easy things to check: make sure
you have a protocol rule that allows traffic (easiest is to make one rule
that allows all IP traffic), make sure you have a routing rule configured to
forward requests to the upstream server (ie- the firewall), make sure your
firewall allows traffic to/from the ISA server.

If you want to proxy multiple services with your ISA (instead of having your
firewall do it) then I'd say integrated mode.  Tunneling services through
HTTP has been the bane of my existance for the past couple of weeks....

-Shawn