RE: Network is not recognizable

  • From: "Alexander Rayborn" <alexander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:25:17 -0600

If you delete a computer account from Active Directory and recreate it,
then the workstation has to be rejoined to the domain before it will
work.  When you delete a computer account or reset it, the SID changes
and the new machine will not be allowed access.  Same goes for users -
that's why this is against recommended practice, usually.

--Alexander