Netmeeting driving me mad

  • From: "William England" <administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:51:02 +0200

Hi

Sorry to be bothering you about the topic once again. I have read the
book and read the article Basic Netmeeting ....etc on the site.

My internal clients have the firewall client installed, but can only
make outbound calls to machines on the net if they unregister from the
gatekeeper. When registered they are immediately given the message that
the 'person you are calling is not registered with the gatekeeper'

As regards inbound calls from machines on the net, the external client
is registered with the gateway, the 'Accept call and cancel call '
appear. When I accept the call the is a delay, and the external client
gets a message saying ' the person you called cannot accept netmeeting
calls'

I have a protocol rule created as per instruction on your site (H323
outbound . any , always, any request)

Site and content rule allows , any request , always, all destination.

Application filter set

Gatekeeper created and only internal NIC checked.

Your help would be greatly appreciated as I then need to connect 2 H323
sites together. The other site works fine, but this one has SBS2000.

Awaiting your reply

William England