Re: Netbios Access through webserver

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 07:00:25 -0700

To see what is required, check out the IA logs for the blocked requests from
that client.
Generally, I discourage file shares across the firewall; FTP, SSH and any
number of file-access mechanisms are available that are MUCH better.

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

On Mon,  4 Oct 2004 06:40:22 -0700
 <auto122605@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi Guys,

First of all thanks very much both Tom and Jim for your answers, but
here is another question :P.

I am testing as if i have an internal network and a DMZ (with an isa
2K4 in between and to transfer files between the DMZ).

What access do I need to give?  I tried several configurations but it
seems that netbios access cannot be given for users but for machines.
 What I noticed is that if i give a full protocol access to a user, he
is still not able to access the dmz machine via netbios, but if i give
access to his machine (full protocol) he is able to access the machine
in the DMZ via netbios (using anonymous connection) else it won't work.

Any idea on how to be more specific when opening netbios access for user
through the ISA2K4 please?

Regards,
Nick Holmes.