Need Help

  • From: "Cloyd, Ryan" <ryan.cloyd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:16:34 -0500

I have an ISA server setup on a WIN2K Advanced Server (member server in a NT
4.0 domain) in "Cache mode".  We are using this server to publish internal
web sites to external web clients.  I have successfully setup and
Destination sets, Publishing Rules, and Routing Rules for the internal
websites.  Everything works.

Now the requirement that I'm struggling with... I have to setup SSL on the
ISA Server, so there is a secure connection from the web client to the ISA
server.  The connection will then be terminated and the request routed to
the internal website unencrypted.  (The reason for this is that our internal
web servers cannot support SSL.)  I tried adjusting the Publishing rules and
Routing rules to require SSL, then when trying to access the websites, here
is what I get:
I get the following error when trying to access the site using http:
                403 Forbidden - The page must be viewed over a secure (that
is,
                Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)) channel. Contact the server
                administrator. (12211)
                Internet Security and Acceleration Server
I get the following error when trying to access the site using https:
                Cannot find server or DNS Error
                Internet Explorer
Can someone point me in the right direction.  What do I need in place if I
select the checkbox "Require secure channel (SSL)" on the Bridging tab of
the MyWebSite Site Properties dialogue box?

Ryan A. Cloyd - MCSE, MCP+I
301.571.6775
Infrastructure Analyst
Electronic Data Systems Corp. - Bethesda, MD