RE: Nachi

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <Amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:38:48 -0500

Sounds like another case of blame the product rather than the person
that failed to keep the anti-virus software up to date.

I speak from experience here. I had to cure a Nachi infected network
because the admin of that company thought that servers didn't need
anti-virus software as long as all the workstations had it installed.
(I'm sure you can see this coming.) All it took was one outside sales
guy notebook that didn't update its virus definitions to infect all of
the servers and annoy the rest of the workstations. It was money for me.
But there too, the admin was stumped as to why the firewall alarm kept
going off. Gee.

Amy