Re: NTP Time Server

  • From: "Deus, Attonbitus" <Thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:58:53 -0700

At 11:50 AM 7/25/2002, Rogers, Brian wrote:

http://www.ISAserver.org

Ok..this is drivin me up the frikkin wall here :/

Ive followed the instructions from the nettime.zip doc...imported the reg settings provided...created the allow packet filter for UDP 123...and the darn thing STILL will not synch with any time server I choose.

Ive tried tick/tock/blah blah blah/.usno.navy.mil along with at least a dozen other public time servers as my source..and every time I try net time /set it returns the message

"Could not locate a time server"

I have verified it resolves the DNS names properly..and ive even tried putting in the IP address alone instead...same result.

When running w32time -v -once it goes through a variety of nifty looking tests but always gives the following:

Where is the box from which you are runnning w32time -v? Is is an SNat or FW client? I assume your PF is UDP Send receive with dynamic local port and fixed remote port 123, right?

I've done this and it works fine.

AD