RE: NO longer able to receive email after changing static IP...

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 12:04:48 -0800

This is what "the Internet" sees:
C:\>nslookup -type=any -recurse nusolutions.biz

Non-authoritative answer:
nusolutions.biz internet address = 72.151.116.178
nusolutions.biz
        primary name server = ns.tzo.com
        responsible mail addr = admin.tzolkin.com
        serial  = 2004010201
        refresh = 1200 (20 mins)
        retry   = 300 (5 mins)
        expire  = 604800 (7 days)
        default TTL = 3600 (1 hour)
nusolutions.biz MX preference = 0, mail exchanger = mail.nusolutions.biz

mail.nusolutions.biz    internet address = 72.151.116.178

This is what happens when "the Internet" tries to connect:
C:\>telnet 72.151.116.178 25
Connecting To 72.151.116.178...Could not open connection to the host, on
port 25: Connect failed

Looks like you need to fix your DNS records (possibly your entire domain
registration), and even then, it'll take at least 24 hours for the
world's DNS servers to "catch up" (what some incorrectly refer to as
"propagation").

Here's a great online resource that you *do* want to add to your
favorites:
http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=nusolutions.biz

MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/