Re: NIC

  • From: "Joseph" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 20:04:23 -0800

Amos,
Sometimes your DNS machine could have its forwarding set incorrectly.
And, thus would cause slowness in your outgoing web requests.
Your hardware configuration seems sufficient.
The following articles could be helpful in resolving this issue.
http://www.isaserver.org/authors/magalhaes/tutorials/Understanding_how_i
sa_server_clients_use_dns.htm
http://www.isaserver.org/authors/harrison/tutoials/dns-4-isa.htm
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/tutorials/how_to_publish_a_dns_server_p
art1.htm

I've used those and it really helped out.  I had the slow stuff going on
until I read those items.

Joseph