Re: Multiple IP addresses

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 13:19:05 -0700

Again; you're asking ISA to perform as a router.
Win2K has some basic routing abilities, and installing RRAS as a LAN router
will certainly help that, but in order for the hosts to use the Win2K/RRAS/ISA
server as a router, you'll have to :
    1. install two separate internal NICs
    2. setup each NIC for operation on each subnet (no default gateways)
    3. install RRAS as a LAN router (no NAT)
    4. run http://jalojash.org/isascripts/rras_fix.vbs on the Win2K/RRAS/ISA
Server
    5. set the ISA internal IP as the default gateway on each and every
internal host that expects to use ISA as the router between subnets.
..and then, there are no guarantees...

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/