RE: Multiple Exchange Servers on the same Domain

  • From: "Don McCall" <DMcCall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 08:08:40 +1100

Hi...

I have done this but I had a block of IP addresses to use. I made one
exchange server my primary MX record with the appropriate IP address and
the second Exchange server as my secondary MX record... The third MX
record (incase the unthinkable happens) is with our ISP who will catch
up to 6 days worth of mail. The Exchange servers are in the same
administrative group and will pass mail between themselves. However for
this to work you NEED 2 public IP addresses (one for each mail
server)plus an IP address for anything else you run through the ISA.
Simply publish each exchange server on the ISA box with their respective
Public IP addresses... Incidently I have a Cisco in front of the ISA and
run mail gaurd on that as well... However that is where it starts to get
a little more complex... It works very well though.

Hope this helps

regards

Don McCall
Systems Administrator