Re: Monitoring tool

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 06:15:11 -0700

"hacking" is a relative term.
One man's hack attempt is another's experimentation.
What you want to do is review your logs for what you perceive as improper usage
attempts.
Murat Erentürk wrote a nice HTA that uses the IIS Log Analyzer to scan your ISa
logs for data that you define.
check it out at http://isatools.org/pla.zip.  It requires the IIS Log Analyzer
(also linked from isatools.org).

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

http://www.ISAserver.org

I know that this is not to be asked here but I know that many experts
from this group can help me with my problem.  I would like to ask if you
know of any software that will monitor transactions made by a certain
user or IP?  I would like to know if there are people in our company who
tries to hack our own system or other company's systems.  Thank you and
more power!