Migrate from proxy 2.0 to ISA

  • From: Adam.Staub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:54:38 -0500

I'm looking at migrating from MS Proxy 2.0 to ISA.  Have a question.  I
currently use Web proxy to allow users access to the internet.  I've setup
NT 4.0 user groups giving various access, FTP, HTTPS or just plain HTTP.
Also setup a couple of Winsock clients for 'special' access. This works
great.  I read thru the Documentation for ISA Server and it seems to me that
I must setup access based on IP address(Client address sets) now instead of
login id for the web proxy clients.  Is this true?  I'm using DHCP so this
is going to be a problem. Am I better off using the firewall client on every
machine?

Thanks,
   Adam