RE: Message Screener not stopping attachments

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 00:48:03 -0700

> Exactly how is the server publishing rule configured?

Server rule:
Internal address:               Internal IP of ISA server
External address:               External IP of ISA server
Mapped Server Protocol: SMTP Server
Applies to:                     Any Request

> Are you testing inbound or outbound mails?

Both

> Look at the IIS/STMPSvc01 etc log.

It shows the message being received and then relayed to the Exchange server.
Where should I be seeing a logging of the Message Screener checking the
message? I see no log for it.

> Did you check IIS to see if the default mail server was active?

Yes, it is.

> You can also use http://www.windowsecurity.com/pages/article_p.asp?id=1395
to help with testing you SMTP service again.

The SMTP Service on ISA is working as I can see in the log messages being
received from the Internet and sent to Exchange and visa versa.

FYI, The Message Screener and the IIS SMTP service were configured after ISA
was installed. Originally, Message Screener was not being used, the server
publishing rule was configured to send the inbound directly to the Exchange
server.

John T
eServices For You