Message Screener: Content Filtering Failes

  • From: "David Dellanno" <ddellanno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:11:04 -0500

Hi Tom and Jim,

            I have searched the entire Message Board and found no answer why
the Message Screener does respond to the rules applied on the SMTP Filter on
the ISA Server.  I have followed your wonderful box... Chapter 9 pages 587
thru 594 to the "T".  The design to implement ISA, Internal Mail Relay, and
Exchange 2000 are exactly the same as the book describes.   I have two
inconsistencies on the instructions that did not work in my production
environment.

1.      On page 590, step 10, I had to select Allow incoming mail to be
relayed to the domain checkbox to allow the mail to relay to the Exchange
Server
2.      On page 592, step 16, it was not clear weather to configure
dcomcnfg.exe on the ISA or the Internal Mail Relay, so I configured for both.
3.      On page 593, step 18, it was not clear under User custom
configuration permissions radio button, what permission Everyone should have,
by default it is Read.

I'm at the end of my since Microsoft's Knowledge Base and Technet do not have
any solutions.

Thanks in advanced

David Dellanno